Hello, and welcome! If you’re interested in getting to know me, the short story is that I’m driven, curious, and enthusiastic – even ebullient! I like to make a positive impact in the world around me, whether it is at work, in the community, with friends and family, or even with you.
My career journey started in elementary school with two distinct things in my life: a subscription to Wall Street Journal for Kids and a science fair project on roller coasters. This combination inspired me to get a degree in civil engineering at WPI and later an MBA at UMass Amherst. I couldn’t imagine it at the time, but two decades later I am working exactly on the goal I defined in high school: to make a positive impact on the American landscape and skyline.
I’ve been lucky that in a career as an aviation civil engineer, construction manager, and real estate re-developer and asset manager I’ve been able to do just that. As people, we are more as people than the jobs we do. My “9-5” focus is not just buildings and asphalt – it is being collaborative, curious, and creative, to lead and to listen, to both dream and accomplish.
- A Whole, Multi-Faceted Person I hesitate to use one word to describe my relation to other people, but as a recently new mom I realize that how others perceive me have changed. I’m still as ambitious as ever, my husband is not in second place, and I enjoy life’s happiness with friends and family. We are unique and whole and complicated in wildly wonderful ways.
- Personality I’m an ESTJ (“The Executive”) in the Myer’s Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and in StrengthsFinder 2.0 my top five strengths were listed as Focus, Futuristic, Achiever, Input, and Learner
- Lover of Infrastructure & Buildings Watching an idea come to life and see how it impacts those who use it everyday is satisfying intrinsically. It is a team approach to planning and execution that is a whole lot bigger than “us,” to drive the economy of a region and the lifestyles of real people.
- Soon-to-be Author & Current Public Speaker My first book, written to help sorority women use their unique experience to help launch and grow their early careers, is expected in early Spring 2020 – finally! Check out my speaking engagements page and see if something fits for you and your organization – or let’s work together on defining something that works for you.
- Sorority Woman I’ve been fortunate to experience life as a sister of Alpha Gamma Delta since my sophomore year of college, something that holds dear in every day for me. I’ve been actively volunteering with Alpha Gam since 2008 with focus on leadership and organizational development as well as on and philanthropy committee and other various roles at local and international levels.