Hello, and welcome! If you’re interested in getting to know me, the short story is that I’m driven, curious, and enthusiastic. I like to make a positive impact in the world around me, whether it is at work, in the community, with friends and family, or even with you!
My career journey started in elementary school with two distinct things in my life: a subscription to Wall Street Journal for Kids and a science fair project on roller coasters. This combination inspired me to get a degree in civil engineering at WPI and later an MBA at UMass Amherst. I couldn’t imagine it at the time, but in high school I put together my life goal: to have an impact on the American landscape and skyline.
I’ve been lucky that in a career as an aviation civil engineer, construction manager, and real estate redeveloper I’ve been able to do just that – but I also want to do more to improve the lives of others, create opportunities, to encourage people to not just dream, but accomplish.
- Real Estate Redeveloper I get to re-imagine our apartment building experience for residents and our teams. From managing budgets to leading our consultant partners to working with construction teams to execute, I’m lucky to transform the special place where people call home into something they (and we!) are proud of to share.
- Soon-to-be Author My first book, written to help sorority women use their unique experience to help launch and grow their early careers, is expected in Fall 2018! And if you’re on this site, be sure to check out my blog! If you need a place to start, here is a link to some of my most popular posts.
- Speaker Check out my speaking engagements page and see if something fits for you and your organization – or let’s work together on defining something that works for you. I’ve been a solo speaker, on panels, and facilitated sessions, so can I meet almost every need you have!
- Career Transformer I’ve been an engineer (twice), a construction manager, and now in real estate. I’ve mastered what it means to share your experience in a new, and meaningful way as you redefine what you want to do, and I’d love to help you, too.
- Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend You are who you surround yourself with, and I’m fortunate to have a husband who supports and loves and laughs with me, parents who believed in me growing up, a sister and brother who are always honest, and friends who add the fun and perspective to life.
- Sorority Woman I’ve been fortunate to experience life as a sister of Alpha Gamma Delta since my sophomore year of college, something that holds dear in every day for me. I’ve been actively volunteering with Alpha Gam since 2008 with focus on leadership and organizational development as well as on and philanthropy committee and other various roles at local and international levels.
- Personality I’m an ESTJ (“The Executive”) in the Myer’s Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), a “Red-Blue”(focused on people and performance) in the TotalSDI Assessment, and in StrengthsFinder 2.0 my top five strengths were listed as Focus, Futuristic, Achiever, Input, and Learner
Check out the other sections of the website to learn more about my volunteering, speaking, and honors and awards. And please reach out if you see an opportunity for me to help you via coaching, planning, consulting, speaking, or facilitating!